The Fly on the Wall

The Fly on the Wall
Jim Westergard, wood engraving 2006

Saturday, October 4, 2008

First blogs of 2008 -- ridiculous!

Wow, where has the year gone? I have been a very delinquent blogger, I'm afraid, but this is my attempt to catch up. Well, the book (Fly on the Wall) hit the shelves back in April in beautiful hardcover, and we had an incredibly successful local launch here in Red Deer and a couple great radio interviews -- one with Ken Davies, host of Bookmarks on CKUA radio, and another with CJSW radio. We've had very positive feedback on the book, which has surprised both Jim (the artist) and myself, considering how unusual the concept was and how dark and twisted some of the subject matter is. Turns out there are more warped people like us out there than we thought, including the mayor of Red Deer and his wife (Morris & Hazel Flewwelling) who have been great supporters of the book!


Another interesting tidbit to report... our publisher, ECW Press, informed us that they've sold the foreign rights to Romania, so I'm pleased to inform that we broke into the Transylvanian vampire market! Pretty cool -- can't wait to get a copy translated in Romanian.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

romania?!?! very cool.

now I will suck your blood.......
mmmmuuuuahahahahah

Word Tunnel said...

I have a valid reason for neglecting/abandoning my blog here... when I moved and changed email addresses it coincided with blogger requiring users to have a gmail accoount, and ever since I've been stuck in a catch 22: can't access my blog as the administrator because my account details are no longer valid and any attempts to change details get forwarded to my old, nonexistent email account, so here my blog bobs like a cork in a vast ocean with no captain. Fare thee well blog!

Word Tunnel said...

This is Jason. To visit my Facebook page, through which you can contact me now that I can no longer log on to this blog as administrator, please go to:http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=613052517
Cheers,
J