The Fly on the Wall

The Fly on the Wall
Jim Westergard, wood engraving 2006

Friday, April 20, 2007

The book is finally in the bag!

As you can see, I've been diligently adding to my blog daily. Not. Well, finally I have something noteworthy to post: I "finished" my book and just fired off the completed manuscript to my editor. I put quotes around "finished" -- there, I did it again -- because, we'll probably be tweaking a lot of stuff, but the skeleton and guts are there at least.

Also, I received my first advance cheque from the publisher, which was cool. I'm really looking forward to getting into the editing process with Jen, my editor at ECW Press. Jim and I are crossing our fingers for ECW to print the book on higher quality paper, and if we're very lucky, print a run of hardcover copies. Jim's art deserves no less, so here's hoping they'll grant us our wish for quality over pulp.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to get one of those copies!!!!
~P